Subcommittee on the Classification of Carcinogenic Substances
The task of the Subcommittee on the Classification of Carcinogenic Substances is to assess whether substances to which employees can be exposed at their respective workplaces are carcinogenic. This is done by classifying the substances according to the new classification system based on EU Directives.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process.
- Prof. H.P.J. te Riele, Professor of Molecular Biology, VU University Amsterdam, and Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, chairperson
- Prof. P.J. Boogaard, Professor of Environmental Health and Human Biomonitoring, Wageningen University and Research Centre, and Toxicologist, SHELL International BV, The Hague
- Ms. M.J.M. Nivard, Molecular Biologist and Genetic Toxicologist, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden
- Prof. H.P.J. te Riele, Professor of Molecular Biology, VU University Amsterdam, and Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
- J.J. Vlaanderen, epidemiologist, Utrecht University
- J. Van Benthem, Genetic Toxicologist, National Health Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, structurally consulted expert
- M. Woutersen, Bureau REACH, RIVM, Bilthoven
- J.M. Rijnkels, Health Council, The Hague
- S.R. Vink, Health Council, The Hague