Subcommittee on the Classification of Carcinogenic Substances
The Subcommittee on the Classification of Carcinogenic Substances assesses whether substances to which employees may be exposed at their respective workplaces are carcinogenic. This involves classifying the substances according to the new classification system based on EU Directives.
The advisory reports of this committee are drawn up in accordance with its own methodology in the Guideline for the classification of carcinogenic substances, in order to arrive at scientifically sound and useful advice from a policy point of view.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process. The composition of the Committee by advice can be found on the last page of the advisory report.
- Prof. H.P.J. te Riele, Professor of Molecular Biology, VU University Amsterdam, and Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, chair
- Dr. F.A.A. van Acker, PreClinical Safety Leader & Screening Toxicology Expert, Galapagos BV, Leiden (PreClinical Development Department)
- Prof. M.L. de Bruin, Professor Drug Regulatory Science, Utrecht University, Department Farmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. R.W.L. Godschalk, Genetic Toxicology and Molecular Epidemiology, Maastricht University
- Dr. E. de Rijk, Toxicologic Pathologist, Charles River Laboratories, ‘s Hertogenbosch
- Dr. P.T.J. Scheepers, Associate Professor Molecular Epidemiology and Risk Assessment, Radboud University
- Dr. J.J. Vlaanderen, epidemiologist, Utrecht University
- M. Woutersen, Bureau REACH, RIVM, Bilthoven
- L. Souhoka, Health Council, The Hague
- Dr. S.R. Vink, Health Council, The Hague