Committee on Vaccinations
The Committee on Vaccinations was established to provide comprehensive advice to the Minister of Health, Welfare and Sports on the full spectrum of vaccination care. The criteria for this role are outlined in the advisory report The individual, collective and public importance of vaccination, published in 2013. In executing this broad advisory task, the Health Council of the Netherlands cooperates with the National Health Care Institute and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment.
This activity is a permanent part of the Prevention and Screening domain.
The committee has a subcommittee that advises the minister of SZW on employee vaccination.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process. The composition of the Committee by advice can be found on the last page of the advisory report.
- Prof. J.M. Prins, Professor Internal Medicine, Amsterdam UMC, chair
- Prof. M.P.G. Koopmans, Professor of Virology, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, vice chair
- M.W.H. van Beek MSc, Geriatrician, Catharina hospital, Eindhoven
- Prof. J. Berkhof, Professor in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Amsterdam UMC
- Dr. R. van der Graaf, Associate Professor Medical Ethics, UMC Utrecht
- Dr. N.G. Hartwig, Paediatrician-infectiologist, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, Rotterdam
- Prof. C.J.P.A. Hoebe, Professor of Infectious Diseases Control, Maastricht University
- Dr. J.A.R. van den Hoek, Retired Travel Health Doctor and Infectious Diseases Doctor, Amsterdam
- Dr. F.J. Meijman, Associate Professor Department of General Practice Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, Amsterdam UMC
- Prof. M.E. Schim van der Loeff, associate professor of epidemiology of sexually transmitted infections, University of Amsterdam, epidemiologist, GGD Amsterdam
- Dr. S. Schoenmakers, Gynaecologist, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam
- Prof. C. Schultsz, Physician-Microbiologist, Professor Global Health, Department Global Health and Department Medical Microbiology, Amsterdam UMC-AMC
- Dr. A. Simon, Associate Professor Internal Medicine, Radboudumc, Nijmegen
- E. Vlaanderen MSc, Doctor Society and Health, Community Health Service Organisation, Zaandam
- Dr. H.E. de Melker, Epidemiologist, Centre for Infectious Diseases Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven; structurally consulted expert
- Prof. R.W. Sanders, Professor of Virology, in particular Experimental Vaccinology, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam; structurally consulted expert
- D. van Bentem MSc, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- A. van der Wal, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- E. van Daalen MSc, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- Dr. S. Knies, National Health Care Institute, Diemen
- Prof. T. Smid, UMC Amsterdam
- J.A. van Vliet MSc, Centre for Infectious Diseases Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven
Dr. J.M. van der Waal, National Health Care Institute, Diemen
- Dr. J.D. van der Berg, Health Council, The Hague
- Dr. K. Groeneveld, Health Council, The Hague
- Dr. R. Hofman, Health Council, The Hague