Prevention and screening
Which preventive measures can yield significant health benefits? Based on the latest scientific knowledge, how effective, efficient and safe are the various forms of prevention?
Health Council publications in this domain focus on topics such as screening, vaccination, preventing the disease burden due to psychological disorders, and more.
Continual activities within this focus area include:
- identifying developments in population screening;
- assessing permit applications for population screening;
- advising on the National Vaccination Programme;
- assessing guidelines for combating infectious diseases;
- advising on screening before, during and after pregnancy.