Subcommittee on the Classification of Substances Toxic to Reproduction
The Subcommittee on the Classification of Substances Toxic to Reproduction assesses the effects of substance exposure on fertility and the development of children. The Subcommittee’s findings are formulated in the terminology chosen by the EU and serve as the starting point for the legal classification of a substance that is toxic to reproduction.
The advisory reports of this committee are drawn up in accordance with its own methodology in order to arrive at scientifically sound and useful advice from a policy point of view.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process. The composition of the Committee by advice can be found on the last page of the advisory report.
- Prof. M.B.M. van Duursen, Professor of Environmental Health and Toxicology, VU Amsterdam, chair
- Dr. M.M.H.J. van Gelder, Assistent Professor in Pharmaco Epidemiology, Radboudumc, Nijmegen and Researcher in Biostatistics and Pharmacoepidemiology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Norway
- W.M.L.G. Gubbels-Van Hal, MSc, former director/owner IGCON BV (IGCON BV was active until July 1, 2021 and gave advice in the field of registration and toxicology related to chemicals)
- Dr. M.W.G.D.M. van de Loo, Study Director Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Charles River Laboratories, Den Bosch
- Prof. L.J.M. Smits, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and Risk-based Care, Maastricht University
- Dr. E.C.M. Tonk, Senior Principal Regulatory Toxicologist, Charles River Laboratories Den Bosch B.V.
- Dr. L. Geraets, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven
- Dr. R.H. Mennen, Health Council, The Hague
- L. Souhoka, Health Council, The Hague
- Dr. S.R. Vink, Health Council, The Hague