Committee on Preconception, prenatal and neonatal screening
This committee exists to advise the ministers of the department of Health, Welfare and Sport on the whole of screenings that may be performed before and during pregnancy and after birth: preconception screening, prenatal screening and neonatal screening.
This activity is a permanent part of the Prevention focus areas.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process. Moreover additional members with necessary expertise may be added to the committee to answer specific questions.
- prof. dr. I.D. de Beaufort, professor of Medical Ethics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, chairperson
- dr. L. van de Koppel-Baken, GP in training, UMC Utrecht
- dr. W.J. Dondorp, associate professor Biomedical Ethics, Maastricht University
- dr. M.M.G. Leeflang, associate professor Clinical Epidemiology, Amsterdam UMC
- dr. K.D. Lichtenbelt, Clinical Geneticist, UMC Utrecht
- dr. C.R. Lincke, paediatrician hereditary congenital disorders, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
- drs. E. Dekkers, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven
- J. van Geffen, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- R. van Tol, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- M.D. Wijnhoud, Ministry for Health, Welfare and Sport, The Hague
- dr. R.J. Baines, Health Council, The Hague
- dr. S. Kalkman, Health Council, The Hague