Committee on Electromagnetic Fields (EMV)
The effects of electromagnetic fields and radiation on health have become a subject of keen interest primarily as a result of the rise of mobile phones and other wireless telecommunication devices. Other applications, such as high-voltage power lines, electrical equipment and all kinds of automatic access and control systems, also prompt questions from time to time.
The task of the Committee on Electromagnetic Fields is to closely follow scientific developments, periodically report on these developments and reply to requests for advice. In the context, the Council cooperates closely with the Electromagnetic Fields Knowledge Platform.
This activity is a permanent part of the Environmental health focus area.
The membership of the committee may differ from one advice to another. Because a permanent committee addresses more than one topic, potential conflicts of interests of committee members will be re-evaluated at the start of each advisory process. The composition of the Committee by advice can be found on the last page of the advisory report.
- Prof. H. Kromhout, Professor of Epidemiology of Health Effects from Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields Exposure, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, University of Utrecht, chairperson
- Prof. A. Aleman, Professor of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, University of Groningen
- Dr. A. Huss, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, University of Utrecht
- Dr. S. Le Cessie, Statistician, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Department of Medical Statistics, Leiden University Medical Cente
- Dr. R.M.C. Mestrom, assistant profesoor, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Dr. M.M. Paulides, assistant professor, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
- Prof. H.F.J. Savelkoul, Professor of Cell Biology and Immunology, Wageningen University
- Dr. R. van Strien, Epidemiologist, Municipal Health Services, Amsterdam
- Dr. G. Kelfkens, Physicist, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, structurally consulted expert
- Dr. M.J.M. Pruppers, Physicist, Knowledge Platform Electromagnetic Fields, Bilthoven
- ir. J.P.M. van Assche, Agentschap Telecom, Groningen
- Dr. E. van Rongen, Health Council, The Hague
- Dr. H.F.G. van Dijk, Health Council, The Hague